The Official Newspaper for Foster County

Dakota Datebook: Pin in the throat

If you think getting a frog in your throat is annoying, imagine getting a pin caught in your throat! That happened to one little boy in 1933.

A doctor found a brass safety pin stuck in the esophagus of six-month old Mark Severson of Fargo, after his parents brought him in due to his restlessness and refusal of food.

The boy and his mother flew by plane out to Minneapolis, where specialist Dr. Kenn...

 
 
Rendered 06/18/2024 21:39