Pitcrew wrestles at state tourney
April 4, 2022
The Carrington Pitcrew youth wrestling program competed in the North Dakota State Folkstyle Tournament at the Bismarck Event Center March 25-26.
The Pitcrew competed in both the individual tournament brackets, as well as the team dual competition with two different squads.
Group 1, with mostly older kids (kindergarten to sixth grade), went 1-2, taking a 70-0 loss to the Bison Wrestling Club of Fargo. They would win a 33-33 tiebreaker on criteria over the Grand Forks Gladiators, and fell to the Valley City Express, 41-33.
Group 3 consisted mostly of the younger wrestlers from kindergarten to third grade. They defeated the Express, 33-21, and took a 30-30 loss on criteria to MatPac White (Bismarck). The threes defeated Napoleon, 36-24, won a 30-30 match with Stanley on criteria, and lost by a score of 34-21 to the Bison Wrestling Club.
As a group, the Pitcrew brought 38 wrestlers, both boys and girls, to the state tournament, with seven competing the first night and 31 on the second.
Participants in each age group, along with placers in their weight divisions, are as follows:
• 6U (six and under): Duke Sauby (third), Henry Veen, Jaxon Richter
• 8U: Rynna Jorgensen (fourth), Smith Mozelle (fourth), Parker Wilson (fourth), Kayden Boyer, Brantley Gussiaas, Caysen Krause, Charles Sauby, Wyatt Stickel
• 10U: Landin Clifton (second), Gannon Inglish (second), Briggs Garber (fourth), Mason Cook (fifth), Eli Kallikoski, Kullen Kovar, Jase Rude, Braylon Sauvageau, Tristin Schroeder, Chayse Steadmon, Michael VandeHoven
• 12U: William Jorgensen (fourth), Kallen Wolsky (fifth), Alayna Gussiaas, Gabe Inglish, Jameson Kallikoski, Ridge Kramlich, Isaiah Oatis, Layton Sauvageau, Krew Wolsky, Linda Yuja
• 14U: Nic Garber (second), Skye Kramlich (third), Charles Jorgensen (fifth), Gabriel Clifton (sixth)
• 16U: Taya Lura (third, freestyle)
The team also participated in a dual tournament at Hazelton-Moffit-Braddock School on March 24. They split their matches there, with wins of 38-33 and 70-0 over Napoleon and Herreid, S.D., and defeats to South Border (39-28) and Linton-HMB (37-36).
Congratulations to all wrestlers on a great weekend!